The last few days have been full of reflection, transparency and deep discussions. I have shared stories our first two years of marriage, fights, obstacles and victories. It is shameful to admit our ugliness and sin, but it is such a joy to see the work God has done (and continues to do) in us to grow us to be more like Him.
It has been an aspect to the Carver girls coming to our house that I didn't expect...
They see our parenting. They notices the differences between our family and theirs. They see what they appreciate about our parenting and what they like about their own parents and think we should implement. It was great to hear their transparency and get to know them in a much deeper way. I just love these girls and see how much I have to look forward to (and be ready for) when our own kids hit the teen years.
No comments:
Post a Comment