I am thankful for the best lunch I have ever had with my son.
I loved hearing his heart of true sympathy for Connor. He said, tears in his eyes, "Mom, if Connor is at all attached to his mom like I am to you, I don't know how he is doing it. He must be so sad..."
We shopped at Target for some fun things for the boys. Isaac drew Connor a picture with a Stikbot attached (because Connor enjoyed his Stikbot the last time they were together) and said, "this guy can "stick" with you when you are sad or scared, and God is ALWAYS with you.
Isaac asked what was happening when his mom collapsed. I said they were just home together on a Saturday. Isaac for teary and asked, "What would happen if something happened to you when I was being terrible to you (like he was a few days before, in a vicious rampage of hurtful words and actions)?" I assured him that I forgive him before he ever even asks. Even if I am still hurt, I have forgiven him. Say, for example, he is mean to me and I leave, getting killed in a car crash going to Costco, he needs to know the I have forgiven him. He asked how he could repent if he couldn't make it up to me . I told he he could repent, in general, by not sinning in his anger and ask God to tame His tongue. I reminded him is something he should be seeking God for right now.
I love his heart, that is truly caring. I can see that he truly loves me and desires to be with me. I cherish these times.
No comments:
Post a Comment