Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water

Friday, June 30, 2017

Thanks 181/365

By Chris

So today we celebrated my birthday. 42 years ago today I was born in Panorama City California. Just typing 42 years freaks me out a bit, it seems so old. But I pause to think of the many blessings that the Lord has given me. God has given me the best gift of all, salvation in His Son. He has blessed me with an amazing family, and amazing job and good health. Right now I am so thankful for my wife.

This morning started off with her telling me we are going to the dive-in with the kids and friends she invited. I have to say, I do not like surprises. I like to anticipate thinks, I like to prepare for things, she did not allow me to do this. I instantly told her that this is not what I wanted, I wanted to relax at home, make and eat sushi and watch a movie with her and the kids. Of course this causes tension between us. I assumed that she did this because she didn't want to stay at home and just have fall asleep watching a movie. I was very wrong about this. She actually wanted to make my birthday fun. You see, I love being around people, they give me energy and happiness. After put aside the assumption, I realized how sweet it was for her to plan this.







So as we drove home in the morning from staying over in Lincoln Beach, I started to get excited about seeing my friends. Oh one thing I forgot to say is, today was the end of my work's quarter end, which causes me to work even more, but God spared me, He allowed everything to fall in place at work and allowed me a stress free (well almost stress free) day! Okay back to me getting excited about seeing my friends. As I was driving, I looked at Amber, smiled and said, thank you, thank you for planning this. We got home early and I started to make sushi, I really like making sushi! 


After we enjoyed this wonderful meal, I laid on the couch and took a nice nap. Once I woke up, Amber was packing the care and we were off to the dive-in. To say I had a great time, would be an understatement. We arrived so early that we have a good amount of time to just sit and talk, oh and laugh a lot! 
After the move was over (Despicable Me 3) we headed home. I am reminded that my wife truly loves me. She truly wants to please me. I am so very thankful this birthday for her and her amazingly wonderful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment