So, I am sure that I have forgotten some very specific things to praise God for. Honestly, I have been working on praising in the midst of the day when it's hard to praise God. These last few days have been so busy and hectic, that we felt like out biggest praise is that God gives us night, sleep and a new day to look forward to.
46/365
On Wednesday, on the way to AWANA, I was frustrated with Abigail because she sat at the piano for over an hour and a half to play what should have taken her 20 minutes. It caused us to be late to pick up Isaac at taekwondo, and I was on the verge of tears on the drive to AWANA as the kids ate soup in the car. As they argued and complained about something (maybe the CD book that we were listening to), I turned off the radio and confessed that I was struggling with praising God in that moment. Abigail stepped in with a list that sounded like this: "I praise God that we are healthy, that we have food, that we have a car to get us there safely, that we get to go to AWANA and worship God, that Dad has a good job to take care of us..." God used that girl to soften my heart in the moment. God is so good in that way.
47/365
Thursday, Chris and I rocked the house volunteering for Abigail's class. Lunch was a struggle because I failed to email the lunch lady to have a lunch saved for Isaac. It turned into a bit of a scene that caused Isaac to cry and want us to leave. I can praise God that Chris stayed at the school, even though he was hurt that Isaac told him to go. We praise God that we can have those learning moments and turn to Jesus as a family. We were are to respond and discuss with one another in a way that glorifies the Lord.
We are also thankful for the opportunity to now lottery in for Springville. I praise God that He is in the area of growing while I wait. I struggle with not having a plan. Consequently, I have a harder time not knowing the news than I have knowing bad news. So, I praise God who knows best. I praise Him that He has the best plan for our son. I praise Him that He gives me time to have no plan so I can pray more earnestly as I await His plan to be revealed.
He is SO GOOD!
No comments:
Post a Comment