Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water

Friday, February 3, 2017

Thanks 34/365

I am thankful that Isaac chose to snuggle with his snoring dad in the hotel than sleep with his buddies (and that he was embarrassed of it in the least). I am thankful for my son and how I have seen him mature. Though it was his special party, he was purposeful to put his friends' interests before his own. His special gift was a wand we bought for him that "magically" works hidden items throughout the hotel and is part of collecting things to conquer a quest. He was very careful to give up his gift to allow everyone to take turns (including his sister). He switched parters consistently, and even skipped time on the bigger rides to be with one of the boys who was fearful of them. As I chased the boys around on the "quest" together, Isaac even would pause to let everyone go first and wait to hold the door for me. I was proud to be his mom. I love that he enjoyed his time, but I was more thankful to see how he put everyone else before himself (even laying on the floor while all the boys were on the bunks as they watched a show). I am also thankful for these boys and their awesome parents.

As a bonus, I am thankful for the memories made with my sweet girl who wasn't able to spend much time in the water due to her hand. She made the most of her time. I love just looking at the beautiful person God has made her. She is determined, funny, adventuresome, and brightens a room with her love of people and life. For a treat, we got a mommy and me pedicure complete with glitter, crowns, and a sash.

I am thankful that, because of the crazy ice storm, school was cancelled (so the kids didn't miss after all). Also, because there were so few people who went to work, there was NO traffic driving home when the ice melted. I am grateful for Chris' job that allows us to do these things so freely and easily (and that we can afford to replace the sweatshirts we accidentally left in the room).














No comments:

Post a Comment